The Rocky Mountains stretch over 300 miles across Wyoming entering in the south near Laramie and exiting in the northwest corner through the Grand Teton range and Yellowstone National Park. While the northern national parks get the most attention, there are plenty of stops and sites to see along that epic road trip route through the state.
Riverton is situated nicely about halfway through the state in the Wind River Valley, and is the perfect place to stay for a few days to explore a unique area rich in local culture and experiences.
Wildlife and Recreation
- Sinks Canyon
- National Bighorn Sheep Center
- Wild River Wild Horse Sanctuary
- Boysen State Park and reservoir
Events & Culture
- Riverton Rendezvous & Balloon Rally
- Summer Concert Series and other summer events.
- Local Museums
- Wind River Reservation
Wild West Towns
- South Pass City – an old preserved gold mining town.
- Lander – Well-known for rock climbing and outdoor activities.
- Dubois – Visit the award-winning National Museum of Military Vehicles.
Known as the Rendezvous City, Riverton has always been a place that brings people together. Whether on your way to or from Yellowstone, it’s bound to be a memorable stop on your epic Wyoming road trip.