get involved / Apply Today
Want to get involved with the WYRiverton Chamber & Visitors Center? We’d love your help! The Chamber hosts a number of events throughout the year, and we’re always looking for volunteers to help these events run smoothly. Some of the events the Chamber hosts include Trick or Treat on Main Street, Alive @ 5 Summer Celebrations, and an annual Easter Egg Hunt. If you’re interested in helping the Riverton Chamber with any of our yearly events, please contact our office.
Please see below for exciting job offers by the WYRiverton Chamber & Visitors Center and the Wind River Visitors Council, respectively.
Interested in applying for the Executive Director position at the WYRiverton Chamber & Visitors Center? Review the job description here and send us your résumé today!
Position: Executive Director
Competitive salary based on experience, plus sales commission. Paid time off included.
Position open until filled.
Overview: The Executive Director is responsible for the overall operation and management of the Chamber of Commerce. This includes, but is not limited to, all the chamber committees, councils, task forces, bureaus, departments, and other chamber entities.
The position is supervised by the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors, who will report to the Board as needed and is otherwise employed under the guidelines set forth in the Chamber Policies and Procedure Manual.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Board of Directors:
• Serves as secretary and parliamentarian to the Board and prepares agendas and keeps the minutes of the Board meetings.
• Annually assists in the selection of new Board members, prepares the required notification of the membership and, if necessary, prepares election ballots.
Budget and Finance
• Prepares an annual operating budget for the Chamber and all related entities to be presented to the Board of Directors for approval.
• Is responsible for all expenditures within approved budget allocations and shall regularly report to the Board of Directors on the status of the finances and the budget.
• Makes recommendations to the Board of Directors on any equipment or capital purchases that are necessary to create and maintain a productive working environment.
• Responsible for the preparation of monthly and year-end financial statements in conjunction with the Board Treasurer and Chamber Accountant
• Maintains membership accounts and is responsible for collecting all dues in cooperation with the Chamber Accountant.
• Performs and maintains entries to the Peachtree Accounting Program for all accounts including but not limited to general checking, Savings, Payroll, General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Receivable.
Organizational and Committees:
• Is responsible for the development and administration of the Program of Work and the various Plan of Actions of the Chamber Committees.
• Assists in the selection of committee members and Chairpersons. Serves as CO-Chairman of all working committees. Makes services and resources of the Chamber office available to all Chamber committees.
• Maintains and implements the policies and procedures of the Chamber as such policies are approved by the Board of Directors.
Membership Maintenance and Relations
• Should strive to spend as much time as possible “on the street” visiting one-on-one with Chamber members and non-members, not less than two visits per year to each member.
• Oversees that the Board of Directors fulfills their membership visitation goals.
• Develops and monitors the membership visitations follow up system to assure that all follow up is accomplished within a reasonable time of the original visit.
• Is responsible for the development of the Annual Membership Survey and other surveys as determined necessary, securing a viable response rate, and tabulating the results as well as accumulate all pertinent information regarding the membership.
• Works continuously at preserving and enhancing the image and value of the Chamber and its members.
Public Relations and Communications
• Maintains website and content for the website as well as social media platforms.
• Assists in preparing a monthly newsletter for the membership.
• Is responsible for employing, training, and supervising all Chamber Staff, and provides counsel to the Board regarding each employee’s job description, work performance and salary review.
• Management and facilitation of the Heritage Center.
• Any other duties directed by the Board of Directors.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, management or related field or equivalent experience is preferred. Experience working with business and industry. Good knowledge of economic development and financial assistance programs as acquired through a minimum of three years professional experience. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationship with businesses, local and state government and coordinating agencies. Strong communication skills, tact, and diplomacy. Ability to maintain confidentiality, create a positive working environment and produce sound results. Must be of the highest integrity and able to work independently, be efficient with the ability to multi-task effectively. Be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and have reliable transportation. Prefer at least 3 years experience with the daily operations of a Chamber of Commerce. Sales experience or a strong desire to learn sales is preferred.
The Wind River Visitors Council is also hiring a Community Engagement Manager! Please review the job description below and email your résumé to [email protected] by September 5, 2023 if interested. Thank you!
Job Title: Community Engagement Manager, Wind River Visitors Council
Starting Date: Early October 2023
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: This is a countywide position based in Lander, Wyoming
Status: Full time, hourly
Do mountain vistas and wide open spaces appeal to you? Do you enjoy sharing the unique characteristics of
where you live with others? Do you have a sense of community pride? Do you have a talent for promoting local
events? If so, then you might be the perfect match for this rare job opportunity…
The Wind River Visitors Council’s mission is to stimulate tourism by increasing awareness of, and encouraging
visitation to, the unique destinations, activities and events in Wind River Country. The Community Engagement
Manager is responsible for executing initiatives defined by the Board of Directors and Executive Director to
enhance visitor experiences. The Wind River Visitors Council has been around since 1989 and is funded by the
local lodging tax.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as an ambassador for visitor-related services.
• Promote destination highlights, ensure adequate inventory of display materials and promote seasonal events and
• Represent the Wind River Visitors Council to local committees/organizations.
• Work with local businesses and partners to help to promote events and packages throughout Wind River
• Manage a community calendar in both print and digital formats.
• Perform administrative tasks as needed.
• Manage and maintain two websites.
• Collaborate with local stakeholders, special interest groups, community coalitions and event managers to
promote seasonal and annual events in Wind River Country.
• Build and maintain working relationships and be a liaison between the community and the Wind River Visitors
• This position requires countywide travel.
• The candidate will train and educate frontline workers to share and promote the Wind River Visitors Council’s
mission and the tourism resources in the community.
• Help with the preparation of bi-monthly Board Meetings, and take Minutes during the Meetings.
The candidate will be passionate about Fremont County and the Wind River Indian Reservation (branded as Wind
River Country), the world-class tourism features in Wind River Country, be an ambassador of the Wind River
Visitors Council’s values and mission and possess the following qualities:
• Previous experience with a Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) or Convention & Visitors Bureau
(CVB) or relevant customer/visitor service management is preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Tourism, English, Journalism, Hospitality
Management or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated social media experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and relevant
content aggregator platforms.
• Website and graphic software experience utilizing WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite products preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to build excitement in the community for destination highlights, features and events.
• Content management as it pertains to partnership portals, event updates, newsletters and outbound
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in working with community members, local businesses and
partners to build and maintain working relationships.
Training may be provided for some of the listed Job Requirements.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: $40K+, Benefits Package
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] before Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2023.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as
established to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Wind River Visitors Council is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status or
status as a U.S. Veteran.